Low Emission Zone ( LEZ)
The Low Emission Zone (LEZ) operates to encourage the most polluting heavy diesel vehicles driving in London to become cleaner. The LEZ covers most of Greater London and is in operation 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Tougher LEZ standards are coming on 26 October 2020 for heavy vehicles including HGVs, lorries, vans, buses, coaches, minibuses and other specialist diesel vehicles.
The LEZ is separate from the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) which is in place in central London and operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year except Christmas Day.
- 100% waste diverted from landfill
- Reduce resource use
- Purchase recycled materials and those which are suitable for recycling
- Prefer suppliers who remove packaging as part of their supply contract
- Encourage the exchange, and reuse of equipment and materials amongst departments.
- Maintain a recycling scheme across all sites
Health and Safety Policy
West London Direct Freight believes that Health & Safety is of equal importance to all other management responsibilities within the business. It is therefore the policy of West London Direct Freight to do all that is “so far as reasonably practicable” to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to provide and maintain a safe working environment.
West London Direct Freight commits itself to achieving full compliance with all the relevant Health & Safety legislation as a minimum standard and to the continuing improvements in standards.
West London Direct Freight shall:
- Ensure that arrangements are in place for the identification and effective management of significant health and safety risks associated with its activities;
- Provide adequate resources for planning, provision and maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions, integrated safety/job training and instructions to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently;
- Provide all necessary safety devices and personnel protective equipment and supervise their correct use;
- Provide a constant and continued level of communication in health and safety matters applicable to their activities, in particular consulting, informing and involving employees.
In turn employees have a duty to co-operate in the spirit and operation of this policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently, using the personal protective equipment provided;
- Reporting Incidents that may lead or have led to injury or damage;
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents leading to the introduction of appropriate preventative measures.
This policy will be kept up to date with changes in statutes and working practices and will be reviewed annually for any alterations that may be required.